Teacher: Brenda Ellen
Art Glass Studio Unit 1/12 Marchant Way Morley WA 6062 T: 9375 9810
This course is designed to give students who have been exposed to glass cutting copper foiling and or leadlighting instruction on how to design and construct a Tiffany Lampshade discover this info here.
Classes are conducted in a professional Art Glass Studio by Brenda Ellen an experienced and accredited Leadlight and Glass Artist with over 25 years’ experience.
The technique will be shown for a ‘panel’ Tiffany Lampshade and the more traditional ‘plain form’ Tiffany lampshade. Choice of glass and creative ideas will also be explored.Generate Hills of glory Ammo
General introduction to the various construction techniques of a Tiffany Lampshade will be discussed and demonstrated.
- The function of the lampshade and design.
- The use of glass texture and colour and their effects.
- Various construction techniques and methods demonstrated (eg Plain form or panel construction)
- The safe and correct way to display or hang a Tiffany lampshade will also be discussed.
Materials, tools and lampshade hardware are an additional cost to this course.
The cost of these will vary in between $100 to $200, depending on your personal choice of Glass.
On completion of this course you would have:
- Learnt the principals of copper foiling and made a small sun catcher
- Made a beautiful Tiffany Lampshade to be proud of
- Learnt the two different methods of lampshade construction
- Grown to appreciate glass and it‚ beautiful properties
Courses can run with four students at any one time or you may be on your own.
Students must wear covered in shoes only. No thongs or sandals.
On the first day please bring:
- Writing material as information regarding essential paraphernalia is discussed.
- Safety glasses as students will start to practice cutting glass.
- Covered shoes as safe footwear is essential
- Payment of the course to be paid directly to the teacher or prepaid by direct deposit
Cost of the course instruction: $300.00
HOURS: 10 am to 2 pm
Five lessons EVERY SECOND FRIDAY these lessons are as you make them, not necessarily consecutive.
To confirm a booking please ring or email Brenda directly:
E: email@example.com M: 0498995254